1 June 2014

summer shawl

I usually shy away from largish projects as I get bored very easily, if things are taking too long. However I took a notion to knit a shawl, one which I could wear in the garden on summer evenings rather than pulling on a jumper. I found an easy knit, no hassle pattern By Amanda Richardson - Amanda's Jade Flower Wrap, for more details click here.
With a pattern found, I needed to find a nice yarn and last time I was in the Textile Studio at Ballyhack, I fell in love with skeins of Manos Serena. A lovely soft wool in delicate shades of blue, pink, lilac and lemon.
Here's my work in progress shots...


It has been a really nice relaxing pattern and one that is easily memorized. Yesterday I was able to do a bit of al fresco knitting....

 
It was nice to sit and admire the garden, weeds and all. The Lupins are putting on a great show at the moment....  

 
Unfortunately no outdoor knitting today, due to rain. Hopefully I will get the weather I'm expecting to wear my shawl this summer.
 
Till next time, Ali.
 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I think the flowers in your garden must have inspired your colour choice. I've often wondered about knitting a shawl but haven't taken the plunge yet. Sorry to hear you've got rain again, it's been a beautiful day here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOh exciting!
    Beautiful colours Ali and looks fab in the garden with the lovely Lupins!
    We have had a couple of fine days...but its a wet evening!
    Looking forward to seeing your completed shawl!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Ali, look how well your gorgeous shawl matches your lovely lupins.! :)
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not surprised you fell in love with it. I have too, it's gorgeous.
    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  5. the yarn is lovely, I keep hearing great things about this shop. And it is amazing how it matches your lupins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shawl is very beautiful, such a lovely texture and colour....and perfect with the pretty lupins too :)
    Wishing you a happy weekend.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours in that yarn, your shawl is going to be beautiful, your lupins are looking lovely, I can only seem to be able to grow white ones, I love lupins and their scent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous24/7/14 09:18

    Stunning

    ReplyDelete

Id love to hear what you think about my blog, knits etc.