18 November 2013

winter hat

Firstly, apologies for my last empty blog post. I was experimenting with cut and paste in the new post page and hit the "publish" button by mistake.

I want to share with you some photos of my latest project.
The Textile Studio, a real treasure trove at Ballyhackamore was running a competition to make a hat. All hats are to be donated to the Hosford Hostel, Skainos and are to be distributed to homeless people. Such a great reason for picking up the needles. I used Amanda Kaffka's Top Down Trapper Hat pattern as a starting point and came up with something which would hopefully be warm and cosy.
The light is so dull these days for photos, but here it is heavily photo shopped ....


 
The inside lining was knit with double stranded Whisper, a fuzzy novelty yarn, an absolute nightmare to knit with but I think it suited the hat.
I just found out this afternoon that I won the competition, so I'm well chuffed about it.
Enjoy the rest of the week.......supposed to turn very chilly here! Ali.

8 comments:

  1. hey congratulations on winning! it looks gorgeously fluffy and cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Congrats, Told ya so! Well Done! Ever so proud of you Lady...LOL (Made my day)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I noticed that you had won on Facebook, congratulations, well deserved too!!! :)
    That will definitely keep some very grateful person warm.
    It's very cold tonight!!!
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great piece of headgear Ali - and great cause - love the fuzzy lining.
    Congratulations on another first prize!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on a well-deserved win! What a fantastic, very warm hat! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This hat is lovely Ali, and great for this cold spell. Beautiful, and well done again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hat is lovely, congratulations on winning. Thanks for sharing the pattern detail...the yarn you used looks great, inside and out.

    ReplyDelete

Id love to hear what you think about my blog, knits etc.