5 October 2010

back to school

Haven't had time to blog recently with this and that. School is well and truly started and our house has returned to the school routine - packed lunches, PE kit, homework and for me the school run. I've also gone back to "big" school - that is City and Guilds - embroidery class this year. The class includes felters so the first thing we all made was a piece of felt. This is the first time I've made felt and it would seem it is not an exact science, as its hard to predict what the outcome will be. Here's a photo of how mine turned out. Someone in the class said it looked like the painting "Waterlilies" by Monet, so I was happy with that comment. It still needs a wee bit more rolling, but its a very nice craft and I'm sure Ill make some more pieces. Bye, Ali.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Id love to hear what you think about my blog, knits etc.