17 October 2010

100% wool

When I'm knitting my buns I would usually use 100% acrylic double knit - mainly because of cost and also because of the wide variety of colours available. I particularly like Stylecraft dk, as I think it has a nice sheen to it. I also love the multicoloured dks available such as the JC Brett ones. However on my recent visit to the Glen gallery I splashed out a bit and bought some lovely yarns. I started on the first ball, a purple Rowan pure wool aran. I knitted a pair of leg warmers to wear with boots and also squeezed a pair of fingerless mitts out of the ball as well. I found the fingerless mitts pattern on Ravelry .... Superquick Fingerless Mitts by Aemmeleia The leg warmers were knitted as a simple tube on dpns with size 6.5mm needles. The rib was k3, p3 and I casted off very loosely.
Thanks Chris for being photographer for the day!
I really should be getting on with my City and Guild stuff, oh well maybe next week.
Happy Knitting, Ali

1 comment:

  1. Onya Ali, well done...look great!

    ReplyDelete

Id love to hear what you think about my blog, knits etc.