24 March 2010

she sews

she sews sea shells on the sea shore
I have just finished my first piece for the City and Guilds Patchwork and Quilting Certificate. I based it on a study of Whitepark Bay. It is in five separate sections all slightly larger than A4, to be arranged like a collection of photos on the wall. They are stretched over foam mounting board to give a firm finish
Heres a photo of each one

The Portbradden end of the Bay


The eastern end of the Bay toward Ballintoy


Sea


Pebbles and Shells







Sandals and Surf
I dyed my fabrics and used a variety of techniques as I think this is what is expected. If anyone is doing this course Id love to hear how you're finding the new syllabus.
Cant wait until this course is over and I can get out the knitting needles again.
Bye for now, Ali

2 comments:

  1. Wow - these pieces are beautiful - I really hope you achieve a high mark in your C&G qualification, it looks like you've been working really hard. Good Luck, Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful, especially the first, I'm inspired to have a go. All the best with studies. Fantastic work

    ReplyDelete

Id love to hear what you think about my blog, knits etc.